Thursday, December 11, 2014

Day 9 of Newlywed Christmas Activities - Take Cheesy Christmas Photos

On the ninth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...cheesy Christmas photos of Hubby and me! Can I tell you that I have been really excited about this activity for over a month?! For today's activity, I arranged for us to take a special Christmas photo.

I love photos! I have thousands of pictures on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and my cell phone of myself, Hubby, our animals, our food, and random things I see. I am just a visual person and to me photos are the ultimate memory. And lucky for me, Hubby indulges me in my obsession.

With most of my Christmas activities, I tried not to spend a fortune for a good time. You don't need to spend lots of money to create memories. With a little research and discount shopping, I have been able to keep most activities under $30...most being absolutely free. With that being said, for this activity, I went to my favorite deal site, LivingSocial!

Last month, LivingSocial had a deal with the Picture People for an in-studio photo session with the following prints:
  • One 10x13 Print
  • One 8x10 Print
  • Four 5x7 Prints
  • 16 Wallet-Sized Prints
  • and 30 Gift Tags
I only paid $15 dollars for this great deal!!!! The value of this package was over $130!!!! (Did I use enough exclamation marks there?) With this deal, we could only choose one image for all of these, which was a bummer, but we knew this going in. 

For this activity, I actually had to let Hubby open the envelope a day early because we had an early morning appointment and needed to coordinate our outfits. So away I went to do a fashion show for Hubby!


The next day was picture day and Hubby and I went to the Picture People studio in Perimeter Mall here in Atlanta. The studio was well lit, colored in bright, festive colors and our photographer, Courtney, was amazing! We let her know from the start that we did not want any cheesy, hand-on-shoulder, high school photos. We wanted fun, silly, and very us! She definitely got what we were wanting and after 20 minutes of posing and laughing (mostly from her because we were being our typical comedy act couple), we got some great shots. 

They let us review all of the photos then we selected the one we thought was the best. This was not an easy decision and we had to pull in some fellow picture takers to give their feedback. In the end, we choose....DRUMROLL...


We plan on sending our Christmas photo to family members to enjoy in their Christmas cards. I hope they like it as much as we loved taking the photo. 

Also, BONUS, Hubby said it was his most favorite activity of all and couldn't stop talking about all of the fun that he had at our photo shoot and how beautiful I looked (blushing). Gosh, I love that man. 

Talk later - XOXO!
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment