Thursday, December 4, 2014

Day 2 of Newlywed Christmas Activities - Decorate Christmas Stockings


On the second day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...Decorating personalized stockings. Or an alternate title should be...How we failed at our first newlywed art project. Lol.

With the Christmas tree up, the next activity was going to put our creative juices to work. I found a really simple personalized stocking kit at the Dollar Tree nearby. The instructions were simple. Cut out the letters, place on the stocking, iron on, and Ta-Da! Well Hubby and I followed the instructions and the sound we heard was more like the sad music on game shows (Wonk, wonk, wooooonnnkk).

The personalized stocking kit

Just cut out and iron on...yeah right!

I ironed the stockings over and over
and still couldn't get a good transfer. 
You know what, though? We loved it! Hubby and I laughed at how no matter how long we ironed, the letters would not transfer and how in the end, we had to just outline our names with permanent markers and call it done. It was our first non-success during these 25 Days, but if all failures can be this fun, who cares.

I would definitely suggest this activity for others, but maybe try a more expensive iron on kit. This would be particularly fun for those with kids.

We hung our stockings beside the stockings that we bought for the cats and dogs. With the tree, the stockings, and other decor that I have put up, it is beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here.

The dogs and cats have better stockings than us. 

Feels like Christmas
Two down...23 more to go! I can't wait until you see what else is in store this month. Feel free to do these activities with your loved ones.

Talk later - XOXO!
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment