Friday, December 19, 2014

Day 18 of Newlywed Christmas Activities - A Little Christmas Shopping

On Day 18, we went out into the world to do a little Christmas shopping!

My mom is coming into town next week so we need to do some shopping to make her guest room the ultimate relaxing place. In addition, we were out to find some ugly sweaters.

Our guest room thus far has been kind of a storage/cat room. I have a bed in there with lots of boxes that we never opened from our last move and lots of books. It is not an oasis for a guest. I have, of course, been browsing Pinterest for ideas on how to make this room great. I found this great article and from this, Hubby and I went shopping. The main items that we were looking for were a new TV, luxurious sheets, and a side chair for the room.

I had already researched and zoned in on my TV at Best Buy. It was a good deal, what I wanted to pay, and would not be too large for the small room. The problem - when I went to check it out, it was super small at 24 inches! I literally laughed when the salesman showed it to me. Well, there goes my budget. I ended up buying the 32 inch TV that would look a lot better in the guest room and was a still great deal.

Next up, we did a Walmart run for some great sheets, new pillows, and some guest amenities that would make it feel even more oasis-like. Anyone who knows me knows I HATE Walmart. Not because of their products but because of the endless amount of time you spend in line due to them only having four lanes open. Compound that by Christmas shoppers and it was hell.


Our last stop took me to my favorite place, Second Life Thrift Store. I love thrifting because it is cheap, you find rare finds, and the things you find are often high quality. In addition, funds raised at Second Life benefit the animal shelters and rescues here in Atlanta. Ya'll know I love the animals!

I was in search of the perfect side chair for the room. Something that my mom could lounge in to watch TV or to sit while putting on shoes. Nothing too fancy, but nice for the small room. They have a wonderful furniture store there where I can usually find great pieces. We saw a few contenders, but they were a little too big. Oh shucks, well I will keep looking.

While we were here, Hubby and I went over to the clothing store to search for some ugly Christmas sweaters. Hubby is obsessed with ugly sweaters this season. He wanted the most vulgar, Christmas-themed one he could find. And as you know, I am up for all of his silliness, so I was on board. Alas, we didn't find these either. I think others may have poached them before us.


This was a good shopping trip. We were even able to pick up some gift cards for family members as gifts and of course, I had to pick up more decorations because I am obsessed with all shiny Christmas things.

Can't wait to get started on the room renovation for my mom. For tonight, though, we sleep.

Talk later - XOXO!
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment