Thursday, December 3, 2015

Day 2 of 25 Days of Christmas: Keepsake Ornaments

When I was 14, my mom gave birth to my little sister, Catherine. With her arrival came a new Christmas tradition, selecting a Hallmark keepsake ornament. That first Christmas, the new baby ornament was front and center as we rejoiced in our bundle of joy. Each year after we would make a special trip to Hallmark to select our ornaments. They had to relate to something that happened to us that year that we wanted to commemorate. By the time I left for college, we had a tree full of ornaments. As we grew up, though, this tradition was lost as us kids became "too cool" for Christmas.

When I started this 25 Days of Christmas idea, I knew that I wanted to revive that tradition. I wanted my Hubby and I to select a representation of our years together to display on the Christmas tree. My dream is to one day have so many memories that we need multiple trees to display them all. So on the second day of Christmas, we jumped in the car and went to get our keepsake ornaments. 

Hubby selecting the next activity
with our cat, Midnight. 
Our lovely model, Midnight
Clearly, he was happy to be selecting our ornaments. 
Hubby selected an ornament that represented
his favorite Christmas movie, "A Christmas Story."
I selected this cute little pet shop (that
has adoptable pets, of course.)
The other side of my pet shop ornament. 
Hubby putting his ornament on the tree. 
Putting mine up. 
Talk later!
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment