Monday, December 14, 2015

Day 12 of 25 Days of Christmas: Holiday Drink and a Book

I love reading. I mean, I LOVE READING! And my guilty pleasure is cheesy, romantic novels. I am talking Harlequin novels where the woman's bust is heaving on the cover. Lol. I was the only 15 year old who had a subscription of Harlequin-type books. My love for the opposites attract or the unlikely romantic are my favorites. Well for Day 12 of 25 Days of Christmas, I decided to grab me a new Christmas themed romance, make me a Christmas drink, and read my day away.

Let's start with the book. Ok, so I did not physically grab a book...lol. More like, I pulled up my Kindle app and started reading digitally. Because I have Amazon Prime, I am able to download lots of romance novels for free. So for today's book, I chose "Unwrapping Her Perfect Match." Not only is it about Christmas, but it has a rugby angle to the story. See, reading and learning about a new sport!


Here is the long summary of the book from Amazon:

’Twas a week before Christmas, and at the auction house... 

At six foot one, Gwen Chambers has felt like a giant her whole life. She’s a calm, capable nurse saving lives in a busy London hospital, but healthy men give her heart palpitations. When larger-than-life rugby player “Little” John Sheldon convinces her to bid on him in his team’s fundraising auction, she discovers how pleasurable heart palpitations can be. 

A rugby player was stirring, with desire no one could douse... 

John has wanted Gwen since he first saw her, but when he’s injured in a match just before Christmas he suddenly needs her too. Not only can the sexy nurse help him recover, but she might be able to help him look after his daughter—a shy ten-year-old who speaks only French. 

But will it be a Happy Christmas for all, and for all a good night? 

From decorating the Christmas tree to ice skating at the Tower of London, Gwen helps father and daughter open up and bond with each other—and she bonds right along with them. But when John's agent calls with a life-changing offer, Gwen has to decide how far she’s willing to go for her perfect match. Will their first Noël also be their last?

Cheesy, right?! Well, so far, I am loving it. I was able to get through about half of the book in an afternoon and will be finishing it in the next week.

Now for the Christmas drink...this one was hard. I just could not find anything that sounded good enough or in small portions that I could drink alone. I did not want to end up with a gallon of punch, you know? Well, I had a bottle of red wine and I thought, Sangria! A red wine sangria is perfect for winter, especially when you add some citrus fruits. Here is the great recipe that I used.


Well that is all. Going back to read more of my book. 

Talk later!
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment