Saturday, June 18, 2016

Movie #4: One Day


The next movie on my list was "One Day" starring Anne Hathaway and Jim Sturgess. I have to give this movie a 3 out of 5 stars. I really wanted to like it more, but God, could Anne Hathaway's British accent be any more horrible?! Seriously, I was not sure if she was supposed to be British, Irish, or American because she switched between all three. 

The premise was a bit thin as well. Nowhere in the movie was it explained why they just so happen to meet on the 15th of every year. Even fate is not that lucky every year. And just when we were hoping for the best for them as a couple, they go and kill her off. Very dramatically as well. I will say, though, that the best acting was done by Sturgess as the grieving widower. I truly felt his pain and sadness. Maybe I am so sensitive to it since I now have a husband who I would die if anything ever happened to him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment